Friday, November 8, 2013

Are Ads Affecting your Health?


                 You may think that ads don't affect you in a conscious way, but they do. Ads make people feel self-conscious. I used to not agree with this before I realized that ads are also affecting me greatly. I never really used to care about my appearance, such as: my pores, acne, and even the color of my nails. But, watching commercials of famous people advertising pore strips, nail polish, and acne washes made me realize that I could use those on myself.
                Of course, now I am aware of all this nonsense but I try and ignore it. Ads want you to feel self-conscious and worry about your appearance, and make you vulnerable, so they can sell the products to you. Although you may be vulnerable, the mind is so powerful and people CAN say no to ads.


                   

No comments:

Post a Comment